The MX521B is a precision D/GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite System) D/GPS positioning solution in a smart antenna.
- IMO Compliant GPS/DGPS sensor with GLONASS^^
- Enhanced position performance with GLONASS
- Flexibility for easy integration into NMEA 0183 interface
- RAIM (Receiver Autonomous Integrity Monitoring) enabled
- Meets Smart Beacon specifications for DGPS Smart Antenna
- Connects directly to MX Control and Display Unit
- Better than 1 meter DGPS Position accuracy
- Better than 3 meter GPS position accuracy
- Built-in DGPS source include SBAS (WAAS, EGNOS, MTSAT)
- D/GPS mode compatibility with MX420/MX510/MX610/GN70 and MX512/MX612 CDU
DGPS Smart Antenna
The MX521B delivers position accuracy better than 1 meter in DGPS/DGNSS mode when using RTCM corrections.
Navigation authorities around the world have installed DGPS radio beacon networks that broadcast RTCM corrections. With the use of its built-in beacon demodulator, the MX521B uses these real-time corrections to deliver accurate, reliable positioning when antenna is within range of Beacon station.
Receiver Autonomous Integrity Monitoring (RAIM) is a safety feature in the MX521B which continuously verifies the integrity of the GPS system to ascertain its accuracy and reliability. When satellite range error exceeds a pre-set limit, the CDU alerts the operator to take precautionary measures.
The MX521B features two independent NMEA compliant serial ports which are identical to MX421B-10 and MX521A DGPS smart antenna.