WS300 Series: Description
A new range of high precision B&G wind sensors, designed for cruising and club racing sailors. An evolution of B&G’s previous sensors, developed through hours of iterative testing to provide the best solution for sailing wind sensors. The WS300 series meets the following design objectives:
Designed to provide highly accurate wind data in all conditions at all points of sail and heel. WS300 has been benchmarked against multiple different sensors in over 500 individual wind tunnel tests.
- Angle accuracy < 1 degree *
- Speed accuracy <0.2kt or 5% *
As the most exposed sensor on a yacht, the wind sensor, critical for instruments and autopilot steering, must meet an exceptionally high standard. In addition to B&G’s standard testing WS310 and WS320 sensors have been subject to combined field tests of over 200,000 hours.
Key Selling Points
The WS310 wind sensor has been designed to provide a highly accurate
- High accuracy* for the best instrument and autopilot performance. High performance aerodynamic design is the result of over 500 individual wind tunnel tests
- Wide compatibility – direct NMEA 0183 output or connect via interface to a NMEA 2000® network
- Straight-forward installation. Single cable, cable runs of up to 80m